AutoCAD Licensing Information
AutoCAD is a special purpose software package for Graphic design, multimedia, and visualization.
- AutoCAD is available on an annual lease basis from the Stat/Math Center to faculty and staff of the IU system.
- The lease runs from February 15th through February 14th.
- The program may be installed as a stand alone installation on the Windows platform.
- Server licenses are also available for departmental use.
System requirements for AutoCAD 2013 for users who are focusing on 2D drawing creation are as follows:
- Intel Pentium IV processor recommended
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition (SP2 or greater), Windows XP Tablet PC Edition (SP2), or Windows 2000 (SP3 or SP4)
- 2 GB RAM
- 6.3 GB free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 1,024 VGA display with true color
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
System requirements for AutoCAD 2013 for users who are taking advantage of the new conceptual design capabilities are as follows:
- Intel processor IV 3.0 GHz or greater
- Windows XP Professional (SP2 or later)
- 2 GB RAM or greater
- 2 GB of disk space available, not including installation
- 1,280x1,024 32-bit color video display adapter (true color)
- 128 MB or greater, Direct3D®-capable workstation class graphics card.