Skip navigation and jump directly to page content
The Advanced Biomedical IT Core is engaged in a number of projects that include assisting IUSM researchers and departments, providing IT services to grant-funded research projects, and developing and delivery new services:
- Indiana Center for Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI) Hub: Provide leadership for the development of the CTSI Hub, an all-inclusive portal for the $25 million, NIH-funded grant to the IU School of Medicine. Additionally, construct the INResearch.org and CTSA2Community.org web applications to help recruit clinical trial volunteers, and enable other CTSAs to establish community outreach projects, respectively.
- REDCap Project: In partnership with the Biostatistics Department, provide a REDCap service for HIPAA aligned, electronic data capture for clinical research. Also provide REDCap Survey service for survey creation and management.
- Collaborative Initiative on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (CIFASD): Provide custom advanced visualization programming to the 3D Facial Imaging Core and run the Informatics Core for the project which defines data integration standards, provides software tools, and maintains the central repository.
- National Gene Vector Biorepositories (NGVB) and Coordination Center: Provide web hosting and custom development.
- IUSCC-Regenstrief Data Integration: Establish a data pipeline to dynamically provide the Cancer Center with patient demographic data, and periodically transfer patient clinical lab results.
- INResearch: Develop and deploy system for recruitment of volunteer study participants living in Indiana.
- Convergent Functional Genomics: Provide clinical and microarray data integration platform based on caBIG technologies for Dr. Niculescu. Also design and construct scoring algorithm for biomarker discovery.
- Patient Registry: Construct patient registry for Dr. Brier using REDCap system. Continue to provide consultation and direction for ongoing projects.
- Parallelization of PENELOPE radiation transport code for Gamma Knife treatment planning.
- IUSM Dept. of Radiology: Support for massive data storage of MRI, PET, and CT data.